The key issue on the agenda of the meeting was summing up the results of the first three months of activity, as well as the work plan of the Specialized Section for the Development of Business and Event Tourism.
In his speech, the Head of the Specialized Section for the Development of Business and Event Tourism, Director of the National Congress Bureau Sagid Zaremukov reported on elaborated requests from Deputies of the State Duma of the Russian Federation, the Committee for Tourism of the State Duma of the Russian Federation, the Expert Council and initiatives of the Section for the development of business and event tourism. They included:
- Proposals for the preparation of a resolution with a set of measures to develop wine tourism (enotourism), excursion routes and related infrastructure (in accordance with the instruction of the President of the Russian Federation).
- Proposals for expanding cooperation with the People's Republic of China in the field of tourism.
- Proposals for government support measures necessary to maintain the sustainability and development of business and event tourism and the convention and exhibition industry as part of an operational analysis of the sustainability of the tourism industry in the new economic conditions .
- Proposals for inclusion in the expert opinion on the consideration of the Final public resolution on the socio-economic development of the Arctic zone of the Russian Federation for 2021
- Inclusion in the action plan of the Committee of the State Duma of the Russian Federation on Tourism and Development of Tourism Infrastructure, support for holding and participation in the business program of the Russian Tourism Forum “Travel!” (August 4-8, Moscow).
- Appeal on behalf of the event industry on making additions to the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of 03/09/2022 No. 311 regarding the logistics of exhibition cargoes, which are reflected in the corresponding Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of June 30, 2022 No. 1174.
- It is planned to hold the forum “Travel!” joint meeting of the Territory Marketing Committee of the National Convention Bureau and the Working Group on Territory Marketing, Promotion of the National Tourist Product and Development of Inbound Tourism of the Expert Council of the Committee of the State Duma of the Russian Federation on Tourism and Tourism Infrastructure.
Speaking to the participants of the meeting, Sagid Zaremukov emphasized that the activity of the Section was noted by the Chairman of the Expert Council of the State Duma Committee on Tourism and Development of Tourism Infrastructure Christopher Konstantinidi, who conveyed great gratitude for the work and contribution to the activities of the Expert Council.< /p>
At the meeting, the main directions for the further work of the Section were announced in terms of the formation of proposals and legislative initiatives aimed at supporting, expanding, reviving and updating the field of events, making it more sustainable and efficient (including tax and non-tax incentives for the event industry) , marketing support and promotion of the regions of the Russian Federation, joint work with specialized working groups and specialized sections of the Expert Council in cross directions.
The meeting was attended by members of the specialized section for the development of business and event tourism: General Director of AV Show LLC » A.Vazimov., Director of the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum, Roscongress Foundation Valkov A.V.., General Director of “VIP-Service”, Vice-President of the Association of Tour Operators of Russia Gorin D.L., Executive Director of the National Association of Event Organizers Zholya Yu. I., director of ConcordBusinessService LLC N.G. Evnevich., deputy. General Director of the Investment Promotion Agency of the Sverdlovsk Region, Head of the Ural Convention Bureau A.Yu. Kiselev., General Director of the Exhibition Research and Development Center R&C D.A. Ostrovskaya., Executive Director of the Russian Union of Exhibitions and Fairs, Director of Public Organization Relations at Expoforum-International LLC Ubliyeva E.V. ., Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the National Award in the field of event tourism Russian Event Awards Shatalov G.V.. During the meeting, the Section members announced their initiatives, which will be included in the list of issues for further development and promotion within the framework of the State Duma Expert Council.
Following the meeting, the section members were instructed to prepare Proposals (legislative initiatives, projects, ideas , regulatory documents, etc. in the direction of event and business tourism), which can be worked out within the framework of the activities of the Expert Council and the State Duma Committee on Tourism.
Head of the Specialized Section for the Development of Business and Event Tourism, Director The National Convention Bureau Sagid Zaremukov noted: “The work of the Specialized Section within the State Duma Committee on Tourism and Tourism Infrastructure Development is designed to become a tool for lobbying the interests of the event industry and developing business and event tourism. The authoritative composition of the Section from representatives of key industry associations and leading companies will allow us to give our work the most practical vector and most effectively fit into the business agenda of the Committee.