The Ministry of Culture and Tourism of Turkey published statistics, according to which, for the period January-June 2022, Russia ranked second in terms of tourist flow to the republic.
In just six months of this year, 16.36 million foreign tourists visited Turkey, which was almost 2.5 times more than in the same period in 2021 and more than 3 times compared to 2020. Compared to the first half of 2019, this year the tourist flow is about 10% less. Interfax reports this with reference to statistical data.
The TOP-5 leading countries in terms of tourist flow to Turkey for the first half of 2022 include the following:
- Germany ( 2 million tourists, share in the total tourist flow – 12.4%);
- Russia (1.45 million tourists, share – 8.9%);
- Great Britain (1.3 million tourists, share – 7.7%);
- Bulgaria (1.2 million tourists, share – 7.3%);
- Iran (1 million tourists, share – 6 ,four%).
Separate statistics for June 2022 are also provided. TOP places were distributed in a similar way:
- Germany (718.8 thousand tourists);
- Russia (602 thousand);
- Great Britain ( 453.8 thousand);
- Bulgaria (242.2 thousand);
- Iran (211.8 thousand).